Date/TimeSun, Nov, 11th
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sign Up OnlineClick here to sign up
LocationWild Lotus Yoga Uptown
Yoga philosophy teaches us that the chakras are doors to the energy centers in our body. Through these centers we’re able to explore what it means to be safe, channel our creativity and passion, and speak our truth. In this workshop, teachers will learn to teach this body-wisdom to school age children, helping them access and build on their innate talents, as well as develop social and emotional learning.
About the Chakras for Children Certificate:
- Explore the Chakras with Children: take a Journey through the Chakras through the eyes of a child! You’ll learn how to introduce the Chakras to school age children, tweens, and teens
- Social and Emotional Learning: learn yogic anatomy including the emotions associated with each Chakra and what balance and imbalanced emotions feel like. Discover yoga poses to help restore balance. Identify and express feelings using the Mood Meter.
- Mandalas and Chakras: Explore group yoga poses that create mandalas, group circles that help children practice self-regulation and social skills
- 16 Chakra Activity Sheets: get printable hand outs that explore the Chakras. These 16 pages include yoga poses, quizzes, and more!
- Kids Yoga Practicum: Includes 1 hour of practicum time with real children where you experience what a kids yoga class is like!
Certificate: This module counts as 4 hours towards your 95 Hour Certificate with Young Yoga Masters, Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga School 4 Contact Hours of Training (including 1 hour of practicum including Lesson Plan)
Cost: $83 by Oct 15th $108 thereafter. No refunds.
Pre-registration highly recommended. A minimum of 5 people needed to pre-register for this workshop to be offered.