Intro To Teaching the Softer Side of Yoga
Saturday, June 9th – Sunday, June 10th
W/ Andra Aitken
Rest is essential to a healthy mind, body, and life. In our day-to-day experiences we all-too-often overextend ourselves by taking on more than we should, and then worrying about the rest. Resting the mind and restoring the body becomes imperative for rejuvenating the spirit. It is one of the greatest blessings to guide our students into the various practices of restoration.
Gentle forms of yoga are linked with stress reduction and can change the physical and mental response to stress. Yoga philosophy states that at the core of our being, we are loving, peaceful, radiant beings. As we relax the physical body, calm the mind, nurture the senses, and observe, our awareness moves into deeper layers of consciousness, or what we could call our TRUE self.
To deepen your understanding and support you in guiding others, this training will cover
- Yoga Philosophy of the True Self
- The Science of Rest
- Overview of different types of gentle yoga
- Blueprint to lead a gentle yoga experience
- Voice quality
- Room set-up
This training is open to Yoga Teachers and Students of all levels, Bodyworkers, Nurses, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and other Healthcare Professionals who want to understand and embody these postures more fully.
Certificate of Completion for Yoga Alliance CEU will be provided documenting that you have completed 10 hours of training with Andra Aitken, an E-RYT certified teacher.
For Yoga Teachers: 10-16 hours of teaching experience is encouraged.
Participation in this program includes:
- Group Training on Saturday and Sunday
- Free Admission to Restore to Radiance Workshop the weekend before the training on Sunday June 3rd from 2:00-3:00pm
- One-on-one follow up meeting with Andra to discuss your progress and questions as you guide this practice.
- Attendance in 1 of Andra’s classes: Sunday Night Serenity, Monday Restorative, Tuesday Flow & Restore with Andra
- 1 Class Observation with Andra: Sunday Night Serenity, Monday Restorative, Tuesday Flow & Restore
- Training Handouts
10-16 Hours of CE available.
$279 if registered by May 20th. $339 thereafter.